Organization of Ocheyedan CRC took place on June 19, 1913, under the guidance of Reverend Stuart of Sanborn and Reverend Haarsma of Sibley. Membership papers of 19 individuals were received along with a number of children as baptized members. The first church building was dedicated just over a year later on August 26, 1914. The original church building was located a block north of where the current building is. In the following years the OCRC congregation grew to over 70 families. In the year 1947 a dedication was held for the newly remodeled church building as well as the new Ocheyedan Christian School building. In the following years the church continued to grow. As a result a groundbreaking ceremony was held on May 31, 1973, for a new larger church building. A year later a corner-stone ceremony was held on Ascension Day. The new church building was complete. This is still where the OCRC congregation comes to worship every week. In June of 2013 past members and pastors came to help celebrate 100 years of God's faithfulness. Even now life in the congregation goes on under the faithful preaching of the Word by the pastors that the Lord provides. We go on praying and trusting that God, who has been our help for over 100 years, will also be our help for years to come.